Having a barbecue or just want to add some pizzazz to your menu? I suggest including some healthy, low fat, cost efficient, high protein, and mighty tasty tofu! Here are some of my quick tips to help you serve the tastiest grilled tofu in the neighborhood. With these easy quick grilled tofu tips, you will be grilling tofu like a master chef!
1. Use a non-stick cooking spray or rub the barbecue grill with oil so that the tofu doesn't stick. For indoor cooking use a grill pan.
2. Use firm, or if you want to spend the extra dollars, extra-firm tofu, and always press your tofu well before grilling. My suggestion is to save the extra dollars, eliminate the mess and use what I use, the TofuXpress, the greatest tofu kitchen gadget available.
3. So that the tofu will absorb more of your marinade's flavor you might want to freeze the tofu and then thaw.
4. Before grilling your tofu, marinate the tofu in your favorite marinade for at least 30 minutes. You can do this by placing the tofu and marinade in a common zip lock bag. I like to marinate my tofu in the refrigerator overnight. I use the handy container that comes as part of my Tofuxpress.
5. To marinate your tofu just about any barbecue marinade recipe can be used, or you can use a store bought marinade. Even your favorite salad dressing will work as a marinade.
6. Need some simple marinade tips for grilled tofu? You can simply use soy sauce, vinaigrette or your favorite barbecue sauce to do the trick.
7. I also suggest adding a bit of rice wine vinegar, sugar, honey or maple syrup to your marinade. This will caramelize the tofu so that your grilled tofu gets nice and crispy and crunchy on the outside.
8. Once your tofu has been marinated, cut the tofu block into squares. I use the tofu block cutter that I purchased with my TofuXpress for nice even squares. Place the tofu on the pre-heated grill. Occasionally brush the grilled tofu with extra marinade as you grill each side for approximately 6-7 minutes.